MEHSANA URBAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCES
1. Why to study at Mehsana Urban Institute of Sciences, Ganpat University?
Mehsana Urban Institute of Sciences is a well-established Centre of excellence for imparting education in Science at B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Phil and Ph.D. levels.
· 13 glorious years of academic excellence.
· Received Econs Flagship Nationl Award – The Most Upcoming Institute from CEE (Confederation Education Excellence), New Delhi in April 2017
· Established Capacity Building Cell (BTCBC)in North Gujarat Region in association with GSBTM, Government of Gujarat in August 2018.
· Excellent Infrastructure and facilities.
· Semester system, timely completion of courses and timely award of degrees.
· Five day per week teaching schedule (9 am to 4 pm)
· Regular teachers counseling with students for their betterment.
· Industrial visits and academic tours.
· Opportunity to participate in various academic activities such as Conference, Seminar, Workshop, Symposium, STTP, Quiz etc.
· Placement through campus recruitment drive.
· Regular Extra & Co -Curricular activities.
· Regular activities of the Institute: Celebration of National Science Day, Celebration of National Mathematics Day, Teacher’s Day Celebration, Orientation Program for newly admitted students, Annual Day Celebration, Youth Festival, Annual Sports Day etc.
2. What courses are being offered by the college and of what duration?
· Programmes offered by the Institute are as follows:
GRADUATES & DUAL DEGREE PROGRAMS
· B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Microbiology, 3+2 Years
· B.Sc.+ M.Sc.in Biotechnology, 3+2 Years
· B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Mathematics, 3+2 Years
· B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Chemistry, 3+2 Years
· B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Physics, 3+2 Years
POST GRADUATE PROGRAMS
· M.Sc. in Microbiology, 2 Years
· M.Sc. in Biotechnology, 2 Years
· M.Sc. in Mathematics, 2 Years
· M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry, 2 Years
· M.Sc. in Physics, 2 Years
· M.Sc. in Analytical Chemistry, 2 Years
· M.Sc. in Botany, 2 Years
· M.Phil in Science (Microbiology/Biotechnology/Mathematics/Chemistry/Physics)
· Ph.D. in Science (Microbiology/Biotechnology/Mathematics/Chemistry/Physics)
PG DIPLOMA PROGRAMS
· Post Graduate Diploma In Medical Laboratory Technology (PGDMLT)
3. What are the eligibility criteria for getting admission in B.Sc./M.Sc. programmes?
Graduate & Dual Degree Programs:
For B.Sc. + M.Sc. In Microbiology / Biotechnology: Candidate must have passed 12th Science from GSEB Gandhinagar or CBSE, New Delhi or any other equivalent examination with Biology subject (B group).
For B.Sc. + M.Sc. In Mathematics: Candidate must have passed 12th Science from GSEB Gandhinagar or CBSE, New Delhi or any other equivalent examination with Mathematics subject (A group).
For B.Sc. + M.Sc. In Chemistry: Candidate must have passed 12th Science from GSEB Gandhinagar, From CBSE, New Delhi or any other equivalent examination with Biology or Mathematics subject (A or B group).
For B.Sc. + M.Sc. In Physics: Candidate must have passed 12th Science from GSEB Gandhinagar or CBSE, New Delhi or any other equivalent examination with Mathematics subject (A group).
Post Graduate programmes:
For M.Sc. in Microbiology: Students who have passed B.Sc. with Microbiology/Medical Microbiology/Industrial Microbiology
For M.Sc. in Biotechnology: Students who have passed B.Sc. with Biotechnology/ Biological Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Pharmacy/ Agricultural Sciences/ Veterinary Sciences/ Dairy Sciences/ Environmental Sciences.
For M.Sc. In Mathematics: Students who have passed B.Sc. with Mathematics.
For M.Sc. In Chemistry (Organic): Students who have passed B.Sc. with Chemistry.
For M.Sc. in Physics: Bachelor’s degree under 10+2+3 pattern with Physics. It is preferable that student shall have cleared S.Y.B.Sc. with Mathematics as an optional subject.
The candidate needs to have post-graduation (M.Sc.) in science subjects with a minimum 55 % from UGC approved University/Institute.
PG Diploma Programs
The candidate needs to pass graduation 10+2+3 with Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, and Chemistry with B group as the main subject with minimum 55 per cent. The duration of the PG DMLT programs is of one year.
4. What is Admission procedure?
· Admission shall be given on merit basis.
5. What is the intake capacity for the course?
DUAL DEGREE PROGRAMS (INTAKE)
· B.Sc.+ M.Sc.in Biotechnology : 120
· B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Microbiology : 120
· B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Chemistry : 180
· B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Mathematics : 60
· B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Physics : 60
POST GRADUATE PROGRAMS (INTAKE)
· M.Sc. in Biotechnology : 60
· M.Sc. in Microbiology : 120
· M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry : 150
· M.Sc. in Mathematics : 40
· M.Sc. in Physics : 40 (CMD: 20 & Electronics: 20)
· M.Sc. in Analytical Chemistry: 30
· M.Sc. in Botany: 30
PG DIPLOMA PROGRAMS (INTAKE)
· PGDMLT: 30
6. What is the examination pattern?
· Institute has adopted Choice Based Credit System (C.B.C.S)
University Semester End Examination: 60 % Weightage
Internal Examination & continuous Evaluation: 40 % Weightage
7. Is the Degree valid all over the world, approved by UGC 2(f), and AIU (Association of Indian Universities)?
· The University Grants Commission (UGC) has granted approval to Ganpat University with effect from 05-02-2007 under Section 2(f), and the University is a member of Association Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
8. What is the fee of program?
· B.Sc.(Biotechnology/Physics/Mathematics): Rs. 30000/- per year
· B.Sc.(Chemistry/Microbiology): Rs. 35000/- per year
· M.Sc.(Chemistry): Rs. 60,000/- per year
· M.Sc.(Microbiology): Rs. 55,000/- per year
· M.Sc.(Biotechnology): Rs. 55,000/- per year
· M.Sc. (Mathematics): Rs. 31,500/- per year)
· M.Sc. (Physics): Rs. 42,000/- per year
· PGDMLT: Rs.30000/- per year
· Examination fees: 1500/- per semester for B.Sc. and 2000/- per semester for M.Sc.
· Registration fees: 1500/-
· Alumni Association fee: 500/- (One time in second semester)
· Convocation fee: 2500/- (One time in final semester)
· CEU course fee: 1000/- (Once in a year)
9. What are the facilities at MUIS?
· Well-equipped classrooms with modern teaching aids like Multimedia projectors, Overhead projectors.
· Well-equipped and State of the art Laboratories.
· Advanced and sophisticated instruments in the laboratories.
· Well-equipped digital Library with more than 2500 titles and 6500 books.
· 100 mbps Wi-Fi enabled campus.
· Experienced and highly qualified faculties.
· Computer Laboratory for Web surfing/Internet facilities via optic fiber.
· Interest/Passion based special course learning facilities like Sports, Music, Cyber-crime, Cooking, Photography, Personality development and many more.
10.Are placements provided by the Institute?
· Yes, separate training and placement cell.
· The college is regularly conducting campus interviews.
· 100% placement assistance based on student interest.
· Support for developing soft skills, communication skills, career development and personality development.
11.Is there any scholarship/ Awards are provided by the institution?
· The Institute gives awards and scholarships to the meritorious students securing first, second and third positions. Also the certificates for the extraordinary performance and participation in curricular/extracurricular activities are provided.
· Gold medals are also given by the University for the first rank students during the annual convocation.
· The scholarships provided by State Govt. for SC/ST can be availed as per government norms.
· The college provides scholarships to meritorious students per semester.
· First Rank (75% of sem tution fee), Second Rank (50% of sem tution fee), Third Rank (25% of sem tution fee)
· Early bird scholarship is given to the graduating students of Ganpat University who are wish to continue their further study in any of the PG program at Ganpat University.
12.Is college provides hostel facility?
· Yes, Separate Hostel for boys (Rs. 31000/- year) and girls (Rs. 27000/- year) which includes Breakfast, lunch and dinner, Accommodation in well furnished room, Hot water, Mineral water, Internet Wifi link with 1 GBPS of bandwidth.
13.What about transportation facility?
· Institute provides transportation facilities from Mehsana, Unjha, Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad, with reasonable rates. The transportation facilities from different areas of North Gujarat like Himmatnagar, Visnagar, Vijapur, Palanpur and Patan is likely to be started shortly.
14.What about the Co-curricular and Extracurricular activities carried out atthe Institute?
· Orientation Programme, Industrial visit, Guest lectures, Seminar/Workshop, Personality development programmes, Picnics, Annual event celebration, Sports activities (State as well as National level), Youth festival (Cultural event), Navaratri celebration and many other competitions, which help students to bring out their hidden talent.
15.Is there any sports facility at the campus?
· Kabaddi Ground, Cricket Ground, Loan Tennis Court, Volley Ball Ground, Foot Ball Ground, Hand Ball Ground, Athletics Ground, Chess, Table tennis, Gymnasium etc are available.
· Every year sports week is celebrated at Institute level.
· Inter Institute sports competition every year
16.What about other amenities on campus?
· Banking facilities with ATMs, Post office, Shopping Center, Canteen and Hospital.
17.What is the future scope after securing the B.Sc./M.Sc. Degree?
· Jobs in government and private sectors like Research & Development in pharmaceutical industries (R & D), Dairy industries, marketing manager , Consultancy services, Production & Manufacturing of Pharmaceutical / Cosmetic products, Analysis & Testing (Quality Control /Quality Assurance), Physical research laboratory (PRL), BARC, ISRO, Chemical industries, Regulatory Affairs, Lecturer in govt./private degree/diploma colleges, Drug Inspector (DI), Higher Studies (India/Abroad), Opportunities Abroad.