Guideline for M.Phil Admission in Science
Category of Scholar
1) Regular (Full Time) Scholars
Registered student who wish to pursue full time work for their M.Phil. may be permitted to work in the Center/Department/Institution of University on full time basis. Full-time candidates will sign the attendance register maintained in the concerned Institution. Full time Research Scholar shall be eligible for application for scheme of Teaching Associateship of Ganpat University.
Duration: one year (two semesters)
• To attract highly qualified and motivated candidates to pursue full time M.Phil degree and offer themselves for teaching position in the concerned faculty of Ganpat University.
• To provide research support to bright young candidates for pursuing exciting and innovative research in the field of Microbiology, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Mathematics, Physics and Botany.
• A candidate who is registered for the full time M.Phil. Degree in the Faculty of Ganpat University. Applicants only in the declared areas and faculty by the University shall be eligible.
• The Duration of the research associateship will be initially for the period of one year and it can be extended on need basis after review of the performance and recommendation of the Dean and Principal (wherein the posts are separately held), through Ganpat University Review committee as per laid regulation.
• The Financial Assistance of Rs.8000 to 10000 per month is granted by the Institute as per the terms and conditions mentioned in this policy.
Terms & Conditions
• The candidate has to undertake 10 to 12 hours (per week) of work related to teaching/teaching assistance along with research activities as assigned to him/her by the Institute. This could include tutorials, laboratory classes, development and maintenance of laboratories, assistance in research and development activities undertaken by faculty
members, maintenance and operation of Computers and other Central facilities and assistance in library, etc.
• The Financial Assistance may be discontinued at any time for any kind of Professional misconduct by the candidate.
• The mode and procedure of payment of Assistance to the candidates shall be governed by the policy decision of the Ganpat University as may be notified from time to time.
• The University may impose any other conditions as deemed necessary from time to time and the decision of the Ganpat University shall be final and binding upon the recipient.
• It shall be carried out by the special Committee Constituted by Director as under;
Principal of Concerned Institute
Dean of Faculty Concerned
HOD (If any)
Two External Experts
Governing Council Member
H.R. Officer- Member Secretary
2) Part Time Scholars
A scholar who wish to pursue M.Phil. on Part time basis shall have to produce No Objection Certificate from his/her employer or his/her undertaking shows that he/she has sufficient time for research.
Duration: Two Years (four semesters)
GANPAT UNIVERSITY RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIP (GNURS)
Ganpat University offers Research Scholarship Scheme for Admission in M.Phil. programs for Gold Medalist Scholars from all the Universities having NAAC “A” Grade or above and/or Institutes of National Importance i.e. IITs/NITs/IIITs etc. in view to encourage meritorious students for opting Research as carrier.
The objective of the GNURS scheme is to provide opportunities to meritorious candidates to undertake advanced studies and research leading to M.Phil.. degrees at the Ganpat University.
Nature of Scholarship
1. Tuition Fee Waiver 2. Research Associateship (Monthly stipend) for Full time M.Phil.
Ganpat University (GNU) Research Scholarship Scheme for Gold medalist scholars
The GNU Research Scholarship (GNU) is awarded to meritorious post graduate students for research leading to a research degree. The Scholarship consists of a monthly stipend and/or a tuition fee waiver. The objective of the GNURS scheme is to provide opportunities to meritorious candidates to undertake advanced studies and research leading to M.Phil.degrees at the Ganpat University.
Nature of Scholarship:
M.Phil.Tuition Fee Waiver
Research Associateship for Full time M.Phil..
The Scholarship is open to candidates who meet the following criteria:
Have Post graduation with Gold Medalist from universities having NAAC Grade A and/or above;
Have Post graduation with Gold Medalist from Institution of National Importance i.e. IITS/NIITS/IIITS etc.
No tuition fees to be paid till completion of M.Phil. Program.
Additionally, Full time M.Phil. Candidate will be eligible for Research Associate Scheme of Ganpat University.
Terms and Conditions:
The M.Phil.. Admission will be based on fulfilment of the Ganpat University M.Phil. Admission Process.
Only tuition fees will be waived, others fees as per Ganpat University regulation have to pay by the scholar.
Applications are invited for admission in M.Phil. Programme.
The interested candidate has to apply online.
Guideline for online application: Available online on www.mubiob.ac.in
Pay application fee Rs. 1500/- Online/Offline
Submit the Application Online/Offline.
Print the duly filled Application form.
The print of duly filled Application form along with prescribed documents and evidence of online payment of Rs. 1500/- is to be sent to: The Principal
Mehsana Urban Institute of Sciences Ganpat University Ganpat Vidyanagar-384012 Mehsana Gozariya Highway. Dist – Mehsana, Gujarat.
The last date for application is 22.06.2019
Eligibility for application
• Candidates for admission to the M.Phil. programme shall have a Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions. Relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-Abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time, or for those who had obtained their Master's degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures.
• A candidate who wishes to pursue inter-disciplinary research shall also be considered.
• List of Eligible candidates for Entrance Test will be displayed on website of Ganpat University after the eligibility criteria verification.
• Eligible candidates have to appear in Entrance Test conducted by the University. The Syllabus for Entrance Test is available on college website (www.mubiob.ac.in).
• Duration of Entrance Test : 1.30 Hours
• Reporting Time for Entrance Test : 30 min before commencing the Entrance Test.
• The format of question paper:
• Section A: Research Methodology: It is to evaluate the understanding of the candidates about research Methodology and it’s tools. It is based on Research Methodology components comprising of 30 multiple choice questions each of 1 mark.
• Section-B: Subject Specific: It is to evaluate candidates’ understanding of core subject knowledge in which s/he wish to pursue the M.Phil. It has Two Parts;
• It shall be of 70 marks of multiple choice questions and each question carries equal weightage.
• Candidates with minimum 50% marks score in Entrance Test will be eligible for Personal Interview.
• Relaxation of 5% Marks (from 50% to 45%) shall be given for SC/ST/OBC (Non-creamy layers) differently able category. (Proof of Category is essential)
• Applicant who has qualified and with prescribed validity in UGC-NET (including JRF/SLET/GATE/GPAT/Teacher fellowship holder) the additional 5% marks shall be given in Entrance Test. (Proof is essential)
• The detailed schedule of Personal Interview will be placed on college University website after declaration of Entrance Test result.
• Based on the performance in Entrance test and Personal Interview and availability of Recognized Research Supervisor (Guides) at Ganpat University, list of shortlisted candidates will be displayed on Ganpat University website.
• On payment of Requisite Fee, the candidate shall be admitted to the M.Phil. Program.