MEHSANA URBAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCES
1. Why to study at Mehsana Urban Institute of Sciences, Ganpat University?
Mehsana Urban Institute of Sciences is a well-established Centre of excellence for imparting education in Science at B.Sc., M.Sc., M.Phil and Ph.D. levels.
· 13 glorious years of academic excellence.
· Received Econs Flagship Nationl Award – The Most Upcoming Institute from CEE (Confederation Education Excellence), New Delhi in April 2017
· Established Capacity Building Cell (BTCBC)in North Gujarat Region in association with GSBTM, Government of Gujarat in August 2018.
· Excellent Infrastructure and facilities.
· Semester system, timely completion of courses and timely award of degrees.
· Five day per week teaching schedule (9 am to 4 pm)
· Regular teachers counseling with students for their betterment.
· Industrial visits and academic tours.
· Opportunity to participate in various academic activities such as Conference, Seminar, Workshop, Symposium, STTP, Quiz etc.
· Placement through campus recruitment drive.
· Regular Extra & Co -Curricular activities.
· Regular activities of the Institute: Celebration of National Science Day, Celebration of National Mathematics Day, Teacher’s Day Celebration, Orientation Program for newly admitted students, Annual Day Celebration, Youth Festival, Annual Sports Day etc.
2. Is the degree valid all over the world?
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has granted approval to Ganpat University with effect from 05-02-2007 under Section 2(f), and the University is a member of Association Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.
3. What courses offered by the college with its duration?
DUAL DEGREE PROGRAM
· B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Microbiology, 3+2 Years
· B.Sc.+ M.Sc.in Biotechnology, 3+2 Years
· B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Mathematics, 3+2 Years
· B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Chemistry, 3+2 Years
· B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Physics, 3+2 Year
POST GRADUATE PROGRAMS
· M.Sc. in Microbiology, 2 Years
· M.Sc. in Biotechnology, 2 Years
· M.Sc. in Mathematics, 2 Years
· M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry, 2 Years
· M.Sc. in Physics, 2 Years
· M.Sc. in Analytical Chemistry, 2 Years
· M.Sc. in Botany, 2 Years
· M.Phil.inScience (Microbiology/Biotechnology/Mathematics/Chemistry/Physics/Botany)
· Ph.D.inScience (Microbiology/Biotechnology/Mathematics/Chemistry/Physics)
PG DIPLOMA PROGRAM
One year Post Graduate Diploma In Medical Laboratory Technology (PGDMLT)
4. What are the eligibility criteria?
Graduate & Dual Degree Programs:
For B.Sc. + M.Sc. In Microbiology / Biotechnology: Candidate must have passed 12th Science from GSEB Gandhinagar or CBSE, New Delhi or any other equivalent examination with Biology subject (B group).
For B.Sc. + M.Sc. In Mathematics: Candidate must have passed 12th Science from GSEB Gandhinagar or CBSE, New Delhi or any other equivalent examination with Mathematics subject (A group).
For B.Sc. + M.Sc. In Chemistry: Candidate must have passed 12th Science from GSEB Gandhinagar, From CBSE, New Delhi or any other equivalent examination with Biology or Mathematics subject (A or B group).
For B.Sc. + M.Sc. In Physics: Candidate must have passed 12th Science from GSEB Gandhinagar or CBSE, New Delhi or any other equivalent examination with Biology or Mathematics subject (A or B group).
Post Graduate programmes:
· For M.Sc. in Microbiology: Students who have passed B.Sc. with Microbiology/Medical Microbiology/Industrial Microbiology.
· For M.Sc. in Biotechnology: Students who have passed B.Sc. with Biotechnology/ Biological Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Pharmacy/ Agricultural Sciences/ Veterinary Sciences/ Dairy Sciences/ Environmental Sciences.
· For M.Sc. In Mathematics: Students who have passed B.Sc. with Mathematics.
· For M.Sc. In Chemistry (Organic): Students who have passed B.Sc. with Chemistry.
· For M.Sc. in Physics: Students who have passed B.Sc. with Physics. It is preferable that student shall have cleared S.Y. B.Sc. with Mathematics as an optional subject.
The candidate needs to have post-graduation (M.Sc.) in respective field of science with a minimum 55 % from UGC approved University/Institute.
PG Diploma Programs
The candidate needs to pass graduation 10+2+3 with Botany/ Zoology/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Chemistry with B group as the main subject.
5. What is the admission procedure?
Admission shall be given on merit basis
6. What is the intake capacity of the course? ( Bachelor’s & Master’s )
DUAL DEGREE PROGRAMS (INTAKE)
· B.Sc.+ M.Sc.in Biotechnology : 120
· B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Microbiology : 160
· B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Chemistry : 170
· B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Mathematics : 40
· B.Sc.+ M.Sc. in Physics : 40
UNDER GRADUATE PROGRAM (INTAKE)
· B.Sc. in Biology : 40
POST GRADUATE PROGRAMS (INTAKE)
· M.Sc. in Biotechnology : 40
· M.Sc. in Microbiology : 120
· M.Sc. in Organic Chemistry : 210
· M.Sc. in Mathematics : 30
· M.Sc. in Physics : 40 (Condensed Matter Physics: 20 & Electronics: 20)
· M.Sc. in Botany: 30
PG DIPLOMA PROGRAMS (INTAKE)
7. What is the examination pattern?
- Institute has adopted Choice Based Credit System (C.B.C.S)
University Semester End Examination: 60 % Weightage
Internal Examination & continuous Evaluation: 40 % Weightage
8. What is the fee structure?
· B.Sc.( Physics/Mathematics): Rs.35000/- per year
· B.Sc.( Biotechnology/Chemistry/Microbiology): Rs.40000/- per year
· M.Sc.(Organic Chemistry & Industrial Chemistry): Rs.65,000/- per year
· M.Sc.(Microbiology): Rs.60,000/- per year
· M.Sc.(Biotechnology): Rs.60,000/- per year
M.Sc.(Botany): Rs.60,000/- per year
M.Sc.(Biochemistry): Rs.60,000/- per year
· M.Sc. (Mathematics): Rs.35,000/- per year
· M.Sc. (Physics): Rs.45,000/- per year
· PGDMLT: Rs.35,000/- per year
· Examination fees: Rs.1500/- per semester for B.Sc. and Rs.2000/- per semester for M.Sc.
· Registration fees: Rs.1500/-
· Alumni Association fee: Rs.500/- (One time in second semester)
· Convocation fee: Rs.2500/- (One time in final semester)
CEU course fee: Rs.1000/- (Once in a year)
9. Is there any scholarship/ stipends/ fee waiver schemes available?
· The Institute gives awards and scholarships to the meritorious students securing first, second and third positions. Also the certificates for the extraordinary performance and participation in curricular/extracurricular activities are provided.
· Gold medals are also given by the University for the first rank students during the annual convocation.
· The scholarships provided by State Govt. for SC/ST can be availed as per government norms.
Early bird scholarship is given to the graduating students of Ganpat University who wish to continue their further study in any of the PG program at Ganpat University.
10. Is there education loan facility available ?
· Needy students can avail Education Loan for supporting their studies at the University. Following banks support Ganpat University students for Sanctioning Education loan.
11 Is there any scholarship scheme available for meritorious student?
· The college provides scholarships to meritorious students per semester.
First Rank (75% of semtution fee), Second Rank (50% of semtution fee), Third Rank (25% of semtution fee)
12.What is the DG Award for student achievements?
The DG's medals is awarded to the outstanding students who have; made a distinguished contribution to the local or wider community, and/or brought exemplary recognition to Institute/University, and achieved a high level of academic performance and scholarly work, as well as significant contributions to the profession, discipline, Institute and/or University and service to the community.
13.What are the facilities at MUIS ?
- Well-equipped classrooms with modern teaching aids like Multimedia projectors, Overhead projectors.
- Well-equipped and State of the art Laboratories.
- Advanced and sophisticated instruments in the laboratories.
- Well-equipped digital Library with more than 2500 titles and 6500 books.
- 100 mbps Wi-Fi enabled campus.
- Experienced and highly qualified faculties.
- Computer Laboratory for Web surfing/Internet facilities via optic fiber.
Interest/Passion based special course learning facilities like Sports, Music, Cyber-crime, Cooking, Photography, Personality development and many more.
14.Briefly specify the sophisticated laboratories at MUIS?
· Well-equipped Research Laboratories with advanced and sophisticated instruments are established for Microbiology, Biotechnology, Chemistry and Physics Department.
A dedicated Mathematical Laboratory is established to make the mathematical concepts interesting and easily grasping to one and all.
15.What is placement insight of MUIS?
The college is regularly conducting campus interviews.
· 100% placement assistance based on student interest.
· Support for developing soft skills, communication skills, career development and personality development.
Following are the companies where the students are recruited:
· Geo-fresh Organic Sidhpur
· Enviro tech solution Ltd.
· Metrogene Biotech Ltd
· Jaro foundation
· Sahajand Laser Ltd Gandhinagar
· Zydus Biologics
· Real cad Life Science
· Integrated Resources Staffing Private Limited
· Ultra tech Cement
· Nielsen. Baroda
· CPC Diagnostic
· Emcure Pharmaceutical Ahmedabad
· Pesticide India
· TreXgen Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd.
· Veeda Research - Ahmadabad
· Concord Biotech -Ahmedabad
· ORGO GROWTH INDIA PVT. LTD
· Advance Health care Ahemdabad
· Oxygen Health care Ahemdabad
· Hester Bioscience LTD. Ahemdabad
· Fedora Health care Ahemdabad
· Absolute Filtertech
· Alembic Vadodara
· Aculife Health care - Sachana
· L. G. Hospital - Ahmadabad
· K.M. PharmaChangodar-Ahmedabad (R&D dept)
· Elysium Pharmaceutical -Padra
· Cadila -Dholka
· Torrent Pharmaceutical - Mehsana
· Montage Pharma -Himatnagar
· Plant health management system technocare-Ahmedabad
· Torrent Pharmaceutical - Mehsana
· Suvik. Pvt. Ltd - Gandhinagar
· Sulphur mills limited -Panoli
· R & D Chemist, Colourtex Dyestuff Company, Surat
· Pragna Life Science -Ankleswar
· Owner of Swaroopin -Tharad
· ClarishInjectables LTD. Ahemdabad
· Inshaan bio PVT. LTD. Ahemdabad
· Hitech Lab Ahemdabad
· and many more…
16.Is the institute provides hostel facility ?
· Yes, Separate Hostel for boys (Rs. 34,000/- year) and girls (Rs. 32,500/- year) which includes Breakfast, lunch and dinner, Accommodation in well-furnished room, Hot water, Mineral water, Internet Wifi link with 1 GBPS of bandwidth.
A one time refundable deposit of Rs.3000/- is also charged
17.Is the i nstitute provides transport facility?
Yes, Institute provides transportation facilities on chargeable basis and the charges per semester are as follows:
· Mehsana: Rs. 3300 (for Boys) and Rs. 2800 (for Girls)
· Unjha: Rs.8,500/-
· Gandhinagar: Rs.11,300/-
· Ahmedabad: Rs.11,800/-
· Himmatnagar, Rs.11,000/-
· VisnagarRs. 7500/-
· Vijapur,/Siddhpur Rs.8800/-
· Patan / Kanodar: Rs.10,00/-
· Satlasana: Rs.10,500/-
· Kalol/Kadi: Rs.9,500/-
· Balisana Rs.9000/-
· Chhhapi/Bechraji Rs.9500/-
· Vasai/Dabhala Rs.7000/-
· Deesa Rs.14000/-
· Palanpur Rs.11,000/-
18.What are Co-curricular and extracurricular activities provided by MUIS ?
Orientation Programme, Industrial visit, Guest lectures, Seminar/Workshop, Personality development programmes, Picnics, Annual event celebration, Sports activities (State as well as National level), Youth festival (Cultural event), Navaratri celebration and many other competitions, which help students to bring out their hidden talen
19.What about sports facility at the campus?
Kabaddi Ground, Cricket Ground, Loan Tennis Court, Volley Ball Ground, Foot Ball Ground, Hand Ball Ground, Athletics Ground, Chess, Table tennis, Gymnasium etc are available.
Every year sports week is celebrated at Institute level.
Inter Institute sports competition every year
20.What should I do after completion of my Bachelor’s?
M.Sc. / B.Ed. / Government Job / Industry / Further Study abroad
21.What is the specialization at Master’s degree? .
Mehsana Urban Institute of Sciences offered Biotechnology, Microbiology, Physics( Condensed Matter Physics/Electronics), Chemistry(Organic), Botany as a specialization subject in Master’s degree.
22.What are the options after completion of Master’s ?
Research (M.Phil/ Ph.D) / Government Job / Industry / Further Study (B.Ed./ MBA/MCA) / Professional Courses / Entrepreneurship
23.What are the future scope of B.Sc&M.Sc degree?
Jobs in government and private sectors like Research & Development in pharmaceutical industries (R & D), Dairy industries, marketing manager , Consultancy services, Production & Manufacturing of Pharmaceutical / Cosmetic products, Analysis & Testing (Quality Control /Quality Assurance), Physical research laboratory (PRL), BARC, ISRO, Chemical industries, Regulatory Affairs, Lecturer in govt./private degree/diploma colleges, Drug Inspector (DI), Higher Studies (India/Abroad), Opportunities Abroad.
24.What are the other amenities at the campus?
Banking facilities with ATMs, Post office, Shopping Center, Canteen and Hospital
25.What are the new programs offered by MUIS since 2019-20
PGDMLT: Rs.30,000/- per year
The candidate needs to pass graduation 10+2+3 with Botany/ Zoology/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology/ Chemistry with B group as the main subject. The duration of the PG DMLT programs is of one year.
· B.Sc. in Biology: 35000/- per year
Candidate must have passed 12th Science from GSEB Gandhinagar or CBSE, New Delhi or any other equivalent examination with Biology subject (B group).
26.For further queries
Mehsana Urban Institute of Sciences,
Mehsana-Gozaria Highway, Kherva,
Mehsana - 384012
Contact Numbers: 09723253971(M), 02762-289170 , Ext.No. 4101 (O)